ECODECKING ATTRIBUTES & BENEFITS
• EcoDecking® is a sustainable alternative to tropical hardwoods
• Made of recycled wood & highest grade (11) recycled HDPE composite
• MixDure® colourmix technology for a natural look that lasts
• Safe: The highest non-slip rating, no splinters, no nails or staining required
• Virtually colourfast, easy-care & a colourmix to help hide marks
• Industry-leading comprehensive Outdure 10 year limited warranty
• Available in a range of profiles for commercial & residential applications
• Compatible with Outdure's QwickBuild® prefabricated deck frame system
• Use with QwickBuild® for a council compliant solution for decks over membranes
• Add QwickGrate® for ventilation & access
• Add QwickScreen® finishings for style & privacy
• Install with QwickClip® hidden fastener
• Highest non-slip co-effcient rating available
• MixDure® colour technology for disguising marks
• Solid & hollow mix’n match profiles
• Choose your finish with double-sided boards:
- Natural finish
- Mini groove
• Perfect 4.8m (or custom) lengths
• Safe: no splinters, nasty chemicals, no leeching
• UV durable recycled pe (grade 11 vs 1 & 2)
• Achieve a flush indoor/outdoor flow
• Fast, easy installation on timber or QwickBuild®
EcoDecking a safe, smart decking choice for your family and the environment.
Made from the highest grade recycled materials available. Remarkably the boards are virtually non-slip and do not splinter. The boards are very easy care, the finish is stunning and feels great underfoot. The nature-inspired colour range is very colourfast, keeping your home looking fresh. EcoDecking is impressively fast and easy to install compared to traditional fixing methods. A patented range of concealed QwickClips fasten the boards to joists using up to 75% less fasteners. No nails, pre-drilling, punching required. EcoDecking composite decking can be fixed to traditional timber sub-frames or to Outdure's revolutionary QwickBuild deck frame system.
EcoDecking has the highest non-slip co-efficient rating, making it the perfect choice for daycares and rest homes.
WHAT IS ECODECKING MADE OF?
EcoDecking is made of a proven composition of 50% recycled wood fibers and 50% UV resistant recycled polyethylene plastic. The recycled plastic component is what makes it so durable, virtually colour-fast, etc. It’s your best environmentally friendly choice. It does not contribute to illegal logging or deforestation. There’s no need for toxic stains or oils as with traditional decking. Because EcoDecking comes in perfect 4.8 metre lengths there is very little wastage compared to using traditional timber boards. Inspired by nature, we have developed MixDure, our colour-mix technology to create a natural appearance. Additionally EcoDecking is not fixed using traditional methods. A smart range of concealed QwickClips fasten the boards to joists using up to 75% less fasteners. No nails, pre-drilling, punching required. Please note: Not all decking boards are the same quality, EcoDecking is made of the highest grade recycled materials available.
IS ECODECKING SUITABLE FOR OVER WATERPROOF MEMBRANE DECKS?
Yes it is, Outdure has QwickBuild and QwickGrate to provide a solid structure to fasten boards to, whilst retaining access to drains and ventilation. It is one of the few systems that comply with local government regulations. What happens to it over time? EcoDecking is incredibly colour fast compared to most other composite decking and traditional timbers. No painting, staining or oiling is required to retain its colour or to keep structural integrity. Expect an initial weathering period in the first 3-6 months, then gradual weathering in future years. Your deck can be revitalized periodically using Outdure care kit.
ECODECKING CAN BE INSTALLED ONTO A TRADITIONAL TIMBER SUB-FRAME OR, FOR INSTALLATIONS THAT ARE OVER WATERPROOF MEMBRANE / CONCRETE PADS / LOW HEIGHT QWICKBUILD SUB-FRAME IS THE BEST SOLUTION
HOW DOES IT COMPARE IN PRICE TO TIMBER AND OTHER COMPOSITE DECKING PRODUCTS?
EcoDecking is very cost-effective compared to traditional hardwood or bamboo decks once installed and more cost effective than most quality composites. MixDure offers a natural looking deck solution so you don’t have to settle for an artificial looking deck. The cost of a deck is made up of: materials, installation, maintenance, plus the unquantifiable value of aesthetics. EcoDecking is 60% wider than timber, it has 3-5% less waste compared to timbers 15%. Add all of these plus the extra therefore requires 60% less labour, 60% less butt joints, 75% less fasteners, no pre-drilling, nailing, punching. Savings on maintenance and EcoDecking is the smart, cost effective solution.
"Once I had calculated the total costs of using Kwila, it became very obvious that not only was EcoDecking a premium quality product, it was more cost effective once laid than hardwood." Ant Hassett, Homeowner
The MixDure palette has been refined to compliment all styles of architecture from modern to classic.
The colours & surfaces disguise marks & scratching, yet are easy care & easy to clean.
• Made easy with Outdure's:
- QwickClean® & QwickCare® range
• QwickGrates® for ventilation & access
• No splinters or protruding nail/screw heads
• UV resistant – very colourfast
Download PDF of Care & Maintenance Guide >>
Profile: CLASSIC Dim’s: 138(w) x 23(h) x 4800(l) mm
Profile: ENDURA Dim’s: 138(w) x 23(h) x 4800(l) mm
Profile: CLASSIC Dim’s: 138(w) x 23(h) x 4800(l) mm
• Install on to traditional timber sub-frame, or:
• Install on QwickBuild® aluminium deck frame
• Perfect for new or board replacement projects
• Highly durable patented family of accessories & fastenings
• QwickClip® hidden fastener (no nails or screws)
• QwickClip® fast install – no predrilling for screws or nails
• Decking boards: 138(w) x 23(h) x 4800(l) mm
• All colours are also available in:
- Trim board: 25(w) x 200(h) x 4800(l) mm
- Solid: 138(w) x 23(h) x 4800(l) mm
Outdure has 100+ SKUS of accessories for various installation scenarios, from hidden fastenings to patented QwickClip, deck jacks & QwickGrates for ventilation and access. Included in the design will be a list of all accessories required.