The Benefits of Using Composite Decking
A beautiful, functional deck is a great addition to your home. It enhances your living space and adds value to your investment. There are various options for decking, and while timber will always remain a popular choice, composite decking is fast becoming the foremost timber alternative in the Australian and NZ markets. In many ways, it is a superior option for decking applications.
What is Composite Decking?
Composite decking is a manufactured building product that mimics the look and feel of natural timber. It is crafted from a mix of natural wood fibres (sourced from wood waste), plastics, and bonding agents. This mix is heated and formed into boards, then cooled, resulting in an authentic wood-look decking product that requires very little care or maintenance. Composite decking has evolved dramatically from when it was first introduced to the market in the 1990s; it now looks much more natural and is very comparable to the look and feel of natural timber decking. Here at Outdure, our flagship composite decking product is ResortDeck. This product includes UltraShield, a co-extruded polymer that encapsulates each board to make it moisture-proof. The result is a superior product that is unmatched and is almost impossible to discern from natural timber. Unlike natural timber, composite decking will not rot, splinter, is scratch and fade resistant, and it is not at risk from termites and other pests. Outdure Composite Decking Benefits The Outdure ResortDeck product provides the perfect solution for a timber-look deck without the maintenance requirements associated with natural wood. It blends a stunningly beautiful, matte-oil finish with high-performance, durability, and low-maintenance requirements.
A premium board, ResortDeck is arguably the most authentic-looking composite decking material available.
Benefits offered when you install ResortDeck with Outdure include:
• Beautiful finish like a freshly oiled timber deck
• Nail-free – patented hidden fastenings
• Made of recycled and recyclable materials
• Unparalleled durability
• Resistant to rot
• Requires no painting, staining, or oiling
• Requires no sanding or resealing
• Cost-effective and adds value to your home
• Will not leach
ResortDeck can be installed onto a traditional timber sub-frame, or for a more structural, light-weight, moisture-proof solution it can be laid on Outdure’s QwickBuild aluminium deck framing system which supports not only composite and hardwood decking but exterior tiles and turf. With a hidden fastening system, it is quick and simple to install and lasts! Outdure’s QwickBuild has recently been Global Green Tag certified making your outdoor living space, beautiful and ecofriendly.
Why Choose Composite Decking from Outdure?
1. Natural / Authentic look of timber – Our ResortDeck product achieves the natural look of timber due to Outdure’s unique production process. This applies distinctive colour variations to every board, creating a more authentic natural wood aesthetic.
2. Choice of six natural colours and finishes – for everything from a classic to a contemporary aesthetic.
3. Low Maintenance – Easy to clean and maintain, there is no need to ever stain or oil your deck.
4. Extremely Durable – our composite decking is UV resistant, termite-proof, and has a fire rating of BAL29.
5. ECO-Friendly – Outdure’s composite decking is made from recycled materials and is non-toxic and non-leeching. It decreases the environmental demand for virgin timber, meaning fewer trees are cut down. Strong, lightweight, and further recyclable, it is a great environmentally sustainable decking option. Look no further than Outdure for all your decking needs, including the very best in composite decking the market has to offer.
If you require further information please call 1800 954 245 or enter your details below and we will get back to you